Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Quinoa and Veggie Salad

Jen's Quinoa and Veggie Salad

Here's another one of my recipes I made up just using things I had in the refrigerator!

Start by rinsing 1 cup of quinoa (in a fine strainer), add that to 2 cups of water in a pan and bring to boil, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or so.



While that's cooking just go through your refrigerator, find things that you love and will make a colorful and yummy salad!

I used (these are all raw):
yellow bell pepper
broccoli
red onion
green onion
chick peas (I used canned)
radicchio
radishes 
tomatoes
cucumber

I diced everything pretty small and uniform in size.  You can let the quinoa cool and toss it all together, but I was too hungry, so I just used the warm quinoa topped with veggies, added some salt & pepper, and just a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

The perfect lunch!

Try it-you'll like it!

Jen   
     

1 comment:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

This looks so good! Thanks for the recipe!