Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm pretty happy with these "vegan meatballs" I just made!  Not bad for my first attempt!! I wish Katherine was here to try them!

Here's what I did:

Sauteed onion, yellow pepper, and orange pepper in a tiny bit of coconut oil.  I added finely chopped tempeh, and cooked a little longer.  I also added cooked lentils. In the meantime I made my "fake egg" with some chia seeds and water, let it soak a bit, and you have a texture similar to eggs!!



Add the "fake egg" to your other cooked items, mix well, so you can roll them without them falling apart.  I did mash the mixture up a bit with a pastry blender. 

Roll them in a tiny bit of plain bread crumbs.  I baked mine in a 350 degree oven for about 10 or so minutes. They would also be good fried.

Add your favorite sauce, and you have a wonderful meal!

Some things that I would change next time are:

1. not add the peppers
2. mash the mixture more
3. add a tiny bit more of the "fake egg" mixture.
4. be sure to season with salt, pepper, maybe some italian seasoning.

All in all, not bad for a first try!!

Jen



No comments: