Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here is where you'll finding me rambling about a variety of subjects, including my family, vintage, thrifting, Etsy shops I love, and more!





Sunday, September 20, 2015

Soup's On!

I love making soup!  I made this vegan vegetarian soup in anticipation of my daughter, Katherine, finally coming home for a day!!

served in a vintage bowl, of course!
 Easy and fun to make!  I start with about a tablespoon of coconut oil and olive oil, add my cut up veggies (except the squash and zucchini I add after about 10 minutes), saute until somewhat soft, but I like a bit of crunch to my veggie soup.  I then add about 2 cups or so of veggie broth, some water, and whatever beans you like (for protein); I added black beans and navy beans.  Cook for a bit longer, add seasonings that you like.  I added salt, pepper, pepper flakes, garlic salt, and italian seasoning.  


Then add maybe a 1/2 cup or so of pasta, and cook another 8 minutes or so.  At this point I sample a small bowl of the soup to see what it still needs.  Oh, almost forgot, I added a can of diced tomatoes too, and because of the tartness from them, I did add a tablespoon or so of sugar.  


Serve in your favorite vintage bowl (I sell them if you need some)!  Add a hint of milk glass (yes, I sell milk glass too!) and you have the perfect pretty and healthy lunch or dinner!

Enjoy!!
Jen

No comments: